Your sightings of marked gulls will help with this research project to monitor the year-round movements of these birds. Even partial information is welcome (e.g. you saw a pink wing tag but missed the letter code).
Date, Location (be specific), Band Colour, and Observer Name
- Time & GPS position
- Band & code colour (e.g. white on pink)
- 3-letter code (e.g. AAZ)
- Habitat (e.g. platform, vessel, pier, parking lot, beach, city)
- Behaviour (e.g. following boat, loafing on beach, flying by, feeding)
- Other comments and stories
- Photos are always welcome and can help to identify the letter code
In North America, any marked birds or metal banded bird can be reported to the USGS website
Report your sightings of marked birds by posting comments on this blog or emailing Dr. Ronconi at firstname.lastname@example.org . See links bar to “Other Gull Research” if you think you’ve spotted a gull from a different research program.